FBTB.net (From Bricks to Bothans) the ultimate Star Wars LEGO Fan site is hosting its first Charity Drive.
FBTB is getting into the holiday spirit! This site, the community, and especially you, the readers, is what I am thankful for this holiday season. And it’s time to channel some of that good will towards a charitable cause.
FBTB is giving away one of these:
and all of these:
to one lucky winner. But wait, there’s more! If you’re not chosen as the grand prize winner, you are eligible to win the consolation prize! The second place prize includes everything in the second picture posted above, basically, everything the first place prize winner gets, minus 8038 The Battle of Endor. That’s 1 MINI Tie Fighter, 1 Chrome Darth Vader, 1 Chrome Stormtrooper, 1 Chrome C-3PO, 1 LEGOLand California 2005 Star Wars Weekend promo brick, and 1 LEGOLand California 2009 Star Wars Weekend promo brick . Sound cool? Here are the details on how you can win. There’s a lot of text, so please read carefully:
* It’s basically raffle where each “ticket” costs $2.00 USD.
* You can purchase your ticket by hitting the donate button below and completing the Paypal checkout.
* You can purchase as many tickets as you’d like. If you are planning on making a large donation, unfortunately, you will have to complete the checkout process each time in $2.00 USD increments. But remember, each time you complete the checkout, you get another ticket into the raffle increasing your chances of wining.
* The raffle is open to anyone in the world able to complete the Paypal checkout process.
* The last day to purchase tickets is 11:59pm December 20, 2009.
* As the donor recipient, I get an email notification for each donation received; that is your raffle entry. You will also receive a receipt of your payment via email from Paypal. You do NOT have to email me or forward me your receipt. There’s nothing more you have to do besides complete the Paypal checkout process.
* All the emails will be filtered into a special folder. After the deadline, I’ll use a random number generator to select the lucky winner numbered in the chronological order received.
* 50% of the first 100 donations will be used to cover the cost of the prize package and postage and handling for prize delivery. The other 50% will go towards the charity. After the first 100 donations, 100% of the proceeds will go towards the charity.
* Prize packages will be mailed out on December 21, 2009 via USPS Express Mail, just in time for Christmas.*
The charity chosen for FBTB’s Charity Drive is Penny Arcade’s Child Play, a non-profit organization raising money and toys for sick children hospitalized during the holidays. For more information on Child’s Play, visit their website: Child’s Play.
I’ve made my donation, so if you would like to be part of the raffle go to the FBTB Charity Drive Page. Good luck! :)