I’m sure everyone has a “MOC Bucket List” — the models you dream of making some day. I’ve had a MOC list for a very long time. Ever since I was little I’ve had certain models that I’ve wanted to make — an entire castle valley, a Miniland scale house, and — a Haunted House. (Just to name a few)
We got a brief glimpse in the Ultimate Collector R2-D2 video when the model was “accidentally” left on the table. ;)
Well now we can see it in all its awesomeness and LEGO has come up with one as good as anything I could have built!
Introducing the 10228 Haunted House
10228 Haunted House
Ages 14+. 2,064 pieces.
US $179.99 CA $199.99 DE 149.99 € UK 119.99 £ DK 1499 DKK
Enter the Haunted House at your peril!
The crooked Haunted House is home to the scariest ghosts and monsters. Tremble in fear as you open the gate, go weak at the knees as you step onto the porch and gasp in horror at the fireplace, kitchen, office, folding staircase, bedroom, potion room, music room and collection of other creepy objects. Dare you enter the Haunted House?!
• Add to your LEGO® Monster Fights Collection with the first officlal LEGO® Haunted House!
• Includes 6 minifigures: 2 glow-in-the-dark ghosts, Vampyre, Vampyre’s Bride, Zombie chef and butler
• Features unique ‘crooked’ design featuring boarded up windows and working front gate.
• Haunted House opens to reveal detailed interior with 3 floors.
• First floor features fireplace that swings open and displays a ship in a bottle on the mantle.
• Cook up a ghoulish meal with the Zombie chef in the kitchen complete with old-style stove, jars and table.
• Write letters from the Vampyre’s haunted office.
• Pull the lever hidden in the chimney to release the drop down staircase and access the top floor.
• Top floor features gramophone, records and newspaper LEGO® elements.
• Customize the Haunted House with new stickers for wall hangings, spider webs and curtains.
• Measures 15.4” (39cm) high, 9.4” (24cm) wide and 7.5” (19cm) deep
At $180 USD its a little pricey, but the sand green, interior details, and the sheer coolness of the design make up for the price. And its out in September, conveniently right before Halloween. 8)
This year is really pushing my wallet to the breaking point, but LEGO just keeps coming out with such cool sets! :D