Kingdom’s Joust was just unveiled for the first time last night at BrickCon. And yes, it looks just as gorgeous, if not more so, in person as it does in the pictures.
Jousting sets have a special place in my heart because one of my favorite Castle sets, Knight’s Challenge, came out when I was a kid. And yes, I know I’m showing my age.
I’ve always loved Castle theme, Forestmen most of all which debuted the same year — 1988. I also created a Miniland scale Renn Fair when I was at LEGOLAND California with a jousting scene.
This new set, similar in the feel and design of the Medieval Market Village, is elegant and fun all rolled into one! Now all we need is the rest of the castle to go with it.
10223 Kingdoms Joust
Ages 12+. 1,575 pieces.
US $119.99 CA $149.99 DE 119.99 € UK 99.99 £ DK 1099.00 DKK AU 199.99 AUD
Watch the Knights battle it out at the Royal Joust!
It’s the most exciting event on the LEGO Kingdoms calendar! Join the King and Queen at the Royal Joust as the knights on horseback battle it out for the hand of the beautiful Princess. This detailed set recreates all the majesty of a medieval pageant, from the large, 6-roomed castle with linked wall extensions, 2 knights’ weapons tents, royal viewing box, jousting fence and of course 2 magnificent jousting horses. Combine 2 Kingdoms Joust sets for a scene that is truly fit for a King! Includes 9 minifigures: king, queen, princess, lion knight, falcon knight, young squire, nobleman and 2 soldiers.
• Includes 9 minifigures: king, queen, princess,, lion knight, falcon knight, young squire, nobleman and 2 soldiers!
• Knight minifigures include armor decoration, helmet, jousting pole, shield and 2 extra weapons!
• Features castle with 6 detailed rooms with lots of accessorie and 2 knight’s tents with weapon holders!
• Open back for easy access to linked wall extensions!
• Also features royal viewing box with flags and coat of arms!
• Includes 2 knight’s horses with detailed decoration, weapon holder and armored headgear!
• Explore the castle rooms!
• Battle it out for the hand of the princess!
• Combine 2 Kingdoms Joust sets for a scene fit for King!
• Castle measures 20″ (51 cm) wide and 12″ (30 cm) tall!
Available for sale directly through LEGO® beginning
January 2012 via shop.LEGO.com, LEGO® Stores or via phone
I love the lady in the green dress!
So much awesomeness, so little money. Once again my wallet is already hurting from the sets I want to buy next year.