I’m a little late in posting this, but at the same time I couldn’t not post it either. And I could have uploaded the pictures myself, but as FBTB has done such a good job, I’ll just borrow their pictures.
This is one of the first Star Wars sets that I’ve really gotten excited about. So much Ewok-y goodness, so many figures, so many plant elements…excuse me while I wipe the drool of my laptop (just kidding😀 ).
I hate to say it, but most new Star Wars sets bore me — you’ve probably heard this before if you’ve been reading my blog — and although I did break down and buy Jabba’s Palace for Princess Leia in her Boussh Bounty Hunter disguise, Oola and Salacious B. Crumb, I pretty much don’t buy a lot of Star Wars anymore. I will probably get the Rancor Pit and most likely Jabba’s Sail Barge for the same reasons I got the palace set — the figures.
But what makes the Ewok Village more interesting to me is the whole tree house / hideout aspect of it it on top of a great line-up of figs. It reminds me a lot of the Forestmen sets, which is still one of my favorite themes. And at $250 USD, its a pretty decent price for 17 figs.
10236 Ewok™ Village
Ages 12+. 1,990 pieces.
Recreate classic scenes at the Ewok™ Village!
US $249.99 CA $299.99 DE 249.99€ UK 199.99 £ DK 2,099.00 DKK
Travel to Endor™ and visit the treetop home of the Ewoks. Just like in Star Wars™: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, this recreation of the Ewoks’ forest dwelling is packed with cool functions, including the tree-trunk hideout, secret Lightsaber stash, spider web, net traps, slide, catapults and an elevating throne. Use the rammer function to take out the Scout Trooper’s speeder − just like in the movie! Realistic details include rope walkways, vine and leaf elements, kitchen, food storage area, bedroom and a planning room. The Ewok Village set is the perfect addition to your LEGO® Star Wars collection. Includes R2-D2™and 16 minifigures with weapons: Luke Skywalker™, Princess Leia™, Han Solo™, Chewbacca™, C-3PO™, 2 Rebel soldiers, 5 Ewoks™ (including Wicket™, Teebo™, Chief Chirpa™ and Logray™), 2 Scout Troopers and 2 Stormtroopers™
• Includes R2-D2™ and 16 minifigures: Luke Skywalker™, Princess Leia™, Han Solo™, Chewbacca™, C-3PO™, 2 Rebel soldiers, 5 Ewoks™, 2 Scout™ Troopers™ and 2 Stormtroopers™
• Features tree-trunk hideout and secret Lightsaber stash, spider web and net traps, slide, catapults, elevating throne, speeder rammer function, kitchen, food storage area, bedroom and a planning room. Speeder also included.
• Weapons include a Lightsaber, 3 blaster pistols, 2 blasters, 2 blaster rifles, 2 spears, bow and a crossbow and also includes 2 staffs
• Collect hard-to-find Endor Princess Leia, C-3PO, Luke, Han Solo and Wicket Ewok minifigures
• Measures over 1″ (35cm) high, 21″ (55cm) wide and 13″ (35cm) deep
Tags: 2013 LEGO Sets, Boussh Bounty Hunter, Ewok, Ewok Villiage, Flickr, Jabba's Palace, Jabba's Sail Barge, LEGO, LEGO Forestmen, Marcos Bessa, Minifigure, Model Building Secrets, Oola, Rancor Pit, Salacious B. Crumb, Sculpture, Star Wars